Multimodal Interfaces for Simulation and Training (MMIST) - Single Man-Worn System for real-time control of Avatars and Computer Generated Forces
OverviewThe MMIST system is integrated, soldier-worn equipment that uses all COTS items to achieve all the different human interface modalities for the virtual, live, and immersed solder training application.
Key components of the system include:
- Full real-time motion capture including hands and fingers on a complete virtual skeleton
- Insensitive to occlusion and local magentic fields
- Integrated docking station for COTS items including a LapTop computer
- Common configurations for Live, Virtual, and Immersed soldier setups and environments
- Seamless integration with multiple game engines, GDIS, and RNI CommServer technologies for Live unit Telemetry
- Enhanced CGF Artificial Intelligence Action / Response systems with 9 Core Directive Functions
- Can use full suite of weapons in full 6-DOF and Fire/Reload function without any onboard weapon sensors or modifications
- Enables complete intent recognition system from voice, gesture, and mixed mode fusion engines to control computer generated forces and current equipment
Request a Quote
RNI has productized the MMIST research system into the Virtual Immersive Kinetic Engine (VIKENG) unit. Contact RNI for pricing and option details.